Magnificent Magnesium Loaf
(gluten free if you consider oats gluten free, for coeliacs – use almond meal vs oats)
1 cup Karuah Active Magnesium
⅓ cup flax seeds
½ cup almonds
1 cup rolled quinoa
½ cup oats (almond meal if coeliac)
2 Tbsp Qenda Ultimate Psyllium (Ultra Fine) or 4 Tbsp psyllium husk
1 tsp. fine grain sea salt
1 Tbsp maple syrup or rice syrup
60g melted coconut oil
- Combine all dry ingredients in bowl and stir well.
- Combine all wet ingredients in bowl or measuring jug and whisk well (maple, coconut oil, water.)
- Combine the two mixes and mix well. It will become dough like.
- Place the mix in an authentic bread tin (the ones that don’t need oiling) or a silicon loaf tin or a lined, and lightly greased bread tin. Smooth over the top of the mixture with the back of your spoon or spatula.
- Cover with a clean tea towel and rest the mixture at room temp for at least an hour before baking. I have been known to leave this out all day before baking. You can also place in the fridge and bake the next day.
- Preheat oven to 175°C
- Place loaf pan in middle rack of the oven and bake for 35 minutes. Gently remove bread from the loaf pan and place it upside down directly on the rack and bake for another 35 minutes. Let cool completely before slicing or storing.
- Store bread in an air tight container for up to five days. This beautiful loaf is also suitable to freeze – think about slicing first before freezing.
So delicious with a drizzle of EVOO or enjoy with toppings like: hummous, sardines, pesto, peanut butter, cashew cheese, herby labne, tapenade, beetroot dip, sauerkraut and halloumi…
So delicious, healthy and easy to make.